Assistant Management Accountant
Location: North Birmingham (3 days in the office, 2 days WFH)
Salary: up to £22,000 + full study support (CIMA or ACCA)
We’re looking for a talented Assistant Management Accountant to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with a clear understanding of (and interest in) the accounting principles required in a busy and business critical Management Accounting and month end reporting function and ideally someone who has some demonstrable experience of supporting the month end process.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
In this Assistant Management Accountant role you’ll be primarily responsible for assisting with the month end process, preparation of accurate monthly management accounts and management information for senior management.
You’ll report to a senior Commercial Accountant (great exposure to assist your studies and professional development), you’ll spend part of the working week in the company’s North Birmingham office, for the rest of the week you will be working from home, this is a truly hybrid role.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
- Produce and review designated accruals and prepayments on a monthly basis
- Development and preparation of management information and supporting schedules
- Assist the Commercial Accountant in the production of presentation data for the management team and external bodies using both Excel and PowerPoint
- Producing monthly reports accurately & timely including balance sheet reconciliations
- Working with operational colleagues to strive for greater functionality in data systems
The ideal candidate for this Assistant Management Accountant role will be keen to develop their career and experience (study support is readily available and encouraged)
You’ll also need experience of:
- Financial Analysis and review to ensure transactions are allocated correctly within the accounts
- The production of adhoc flash reporting and KPI’s
- Using your strong excel skills to produce MI and data analysis
In addition, you’ll need the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, you will be working closely with operational colleagues
- Clear ability to work under pressure within a team environment & display professional attitude at all times
- A interest in data analysis
- Strong attention to details and ability to understand and resolve data errors easily
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
The ideal person for the role will be the following:
- Strong around data manipulation using excel
- Someone who acts with initiative and urgency
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Assistant Accountant, Accounts Assistant or in a similar junior finance support role.
Basic salary: up to £22,000 per annum plus full study support (CIMA or ACCA)
- Strong professional development opportunities
- Fully hybrid working arrangement (23 days WFH)
- Full benefits package
The business you’ll be working for is a large organisation with operations throughout the UK, their primary business operations span Service, Financial Services and Retail verticals.
They’re a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Look to promote from within where possible, leading to excellent professional development opportunities
- Have a clearly supportive and high performance culture
- Have strong employee loyalty, leading to low staff turnover
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Assistant Management Accountant role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch around next steps.