Global Manufacturing Engineer
We’re looking for a talented Global Manufacturing Engineer to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of the lead design/ development of new and innovative standard bill of processes (SPOP) required to assemble electric motors.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
In the Global Manufacturing Engineer role you’ll be primarily responsible for developing manufacturing processes, design equipment to be used in production lines, and help support the groups global manufacturing strategy in electrification. The primary focus of this role will be induction and IPM motors.
You’ll report to the Engineering Director and you’ll spend part of the working week in the company’s West Midlands office. For the rest of the week you will be working from home.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
- Leading process to share and deploy best practices for manufacturing and assembly of electrified systems across global locations
- Driving innovation and advanced development of manufacturing processes
- Supporting customer program launch activity as required
The ideal candidate for this Global Manufacturing Engineer role will have relevant experience of the lead design / development of new and innovative standard bill of processes (SBOP) required to assemble electric motors.
You’ll also need experience of:
- The leads the develop of process technologies required to support long term product technology development in product and advanced engineering for electrification
- The development of capital plans for business case, strategies &as well as action plans for deployment of gearbox manufacturing methods for all core and strategic manufacturing processes
- The support of long-range capital investment plan, as well as review and approve capital investment projects for global manufacturing facilities to ensure adherence to SBOP and SPOE
In addition, you’ll need the following:
- Strong project management skills
- Previous program launch experience
- Experience around the development/maintenance of standard manufacturing / quality documentation (PFMEA, control plan, BOPY, MSA plan, functional safety, etc.) for core processes
The ideal person for the role will be the following:
- Experienced in stage gate design reviews for new customer programs and advanced development projects to ensure the design is following DFA/DFM
- Collaborative, always looking to share and deploy best practices for manufacturing and assembly of electrified systems across global locations and applicable business units
- Happy developing standard manufacturing / quality documentation (PFMEA, control plan, BOPY, MSA plan, functional safety, etc.) for core processes
- Capable of leading in the advanced development of manufacturing processes for electrified product deployment
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer or as an Electronics Engineer or a similar relevant engineering role.
Basic salary: Up to £55,000 per annum plus benefits package.
The business you’ll be working for is a global advanced Engineering group with numerous production facilities across the UK.
They’re a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Are on the front foot, a leader and pioneer in their specialist areas, leading to significant innovation in their field
- Have a clearly supportive and high performance culture
- Empower their employees, allow the guys on the ground to make decisions on projects that will aid in their delivery and customer satisfaction
- Have strong employee loyalty, leading to low staff turnover
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Global Manufacturing Engineer role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch around next steps.