Are you a talented Maintenance Engineer, or are you aiming to be one?
Can you demonstrate that you have experience of managing the completion of ongoing PPMs in addition to rectifying any emergency or unforeseen breakdowns?
If so then you could be perfect for my client.
Please note: In this position you’ll be needed to work shifts in unsociable hours. Mon-Fri (3 shift rotation). Full details of how this will work will be revealed at interview.
In the Maintenance Engineer role you’ll report to the Engineering Director and will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all plant and equipment is maintained to maximise operating efficiencies.
Specific tasks include:
– Supporting and completing and extending PPMs
– Driving best practice and continuous improvement
– Carrying out major refurbishment of plant, equipment and machinery as required
To be the right person for Maintenance Engineer role you will need direct experience of managing the completion of ongoing PPMs in addition to rectifying any emergency or unforeseen breakdowns.
We also need you to have prior experience of planning, installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment and facilities (minimise lost time due to breakdown).
It’s also essential that you’ve got experience of carrying out daily checks on essential plant, equipment and machinery as part of the company preventative maintenance schedule.
It’s important that you also have the following:
– Qualifications around mechanical engineering (NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering or similar)
– Qualifications around electrical engineering (NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering or similar)
– Knowledge of motors, gearboxes and hydraulic systems
You’ll also need to be the following:
– A logical thinker, able to quickly fault find
– Comfortable around and working with heavy plant equipment
– Comfortable in a re-active and PPM environment
Is that you? If so, send us your CV.
The basic salary for the Maintenance Engineer role is between £40,000 – £42,000 per annum.
They’ve been around since 1973 and they are a specialist industrial engineering and manufacturing business with a number of production facilities across the UK and mainland Europe.
They’re a company that people really enjoy working for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
– Empower their employees, allow the guys on the ground to make decisions on projects that will aid in their delivery and customer satisfaction
– Offer an excellent, flexible and extremely welcoming working environment
– Have strong employee loyalty, leading to low staff turnover
Think that this Maintenance Engineer role is right for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Maintenance Engineer position if you’ve previously worked as any of the following: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Engineer or as a Maintenance Manager (or similar).