Salary: £50,000 + benefits
Are you a talented Materials Manager, or are you aiming to be one?
Can you demonstrate that you have experience of manging a production planning team and ensuring as close to 100% on time delivery is achieved to the customer as possible?
If so then you could be perfect for my client.
In this Materials Manager role you’ll report to the Head of Materials & Logistics and will be primarily responsible for areas including master production scheduling, planning, expediting, purchasing, transport, production planning, warehousing and distribution.
Specific tasks include:
– Ensuring inventory levels are maintained and available to production lines without delay
– Ensuring all waste is driven from the supply chain process
– Ensuring clean, clear & precise schedules in order to plan long lead-time transport
To be the right person for Materials Manager role you will need direct experience of manging a production planning team in a manufacturing or production environment.
We also need you to have prior experience of:
– Effective maintenance of stock levels within KPI targets avoiding shortages and special transport
– The use of a continuous improvement approach and develop improvements to the scheduling and supplier delivery process
– Providing daily reports for KPI’s (including inventory days of stock, premium freight, GOGI, supplier arrears, cycle counts and transport efficiency
– Working closely with purchasing and program leaders for the introduction of new products, taking into account component lead-time, packaging availability and transport costs
It’s important that you also have the following:
– Previous experience working in a fast paced high volume manufacturing facility
– Clear ability to work under pressure within a team environment & display professional attitude at all times
– The ability to manage unforeseen supply situations and overseeing supplier improvement action plans
You’ll also need to be the following:
– Someone who acts with initiative and urgency
– Focussed on delivery ad continuous improvement
– Keen on professional self development and supporting the development of your wider team
Is that you? If so, send us your CV.
The basic salary for the Materials Manager role is up to £50,000 per annum plus benefits.
They’ve been around since 1950 and they are are an advanced engineering group with business assets across the Europe, the US and Asia.
They’re a company that people really enjoy working for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
– Have a clearly supportive and high performance culture
– Are know from developing future leaders from within the business and offer unrivalled professional development opportunities
– Appreciate their people, have a low staff turnover are constantly looking to improve/develop their employee offering
Think that this Materials Manager role is right for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch regarding next steps.