Programme Manager – Automotive
Salary: up to £70k + benefits
Are you a talented Programme Manager with experience working within the Automotive industry, or are you aiming to be one?
Can you demonstrate that you have experience of APAP and the leadership of high performance programme management teams.
If so then you could be perfect for my client.
In the Programme Manager role you’ll report to the Head of European Projects and will be primarily responsible for the management of high-level or mid-level programmes both on a global as well as local basis as well as building and mentoring high quality programme teams locally.
Specifically you’ll be tasked with leading the end to end programme management process – including programme engineering, quality, operations and purchasing elements.
You’ll also be tasked with a constant drive to exceed expectations in reference to design, quality, production, financial, and milestone programme management.
You’ll spend part of the working week based in the company’s Birmingham site, and the rest of it working from home. Details around how this will work discussed on application.
To be the right person for Programme Manager role you will need direct experience of APAP and programme management techniques.
We also need you to have prior experience of working in a matrix style of management, managing a variety of cross functional Team Members across numerous European sites.
It’s also essential that you’ve got experience of, keen to take ownership and deliver as both leader and member in a winning and supportive team.
It’s important that you also have the following:
- Strong communication skills specifically to liaise with customers regarding programme issues, including participation in their meetings
- Strong problem solving skills, be able to identify and resolve project issues, using systemic root cause analysis and provide a robust process for change management
- Previous experience scheduling, monitoring, and facilitating the execution of functional stage gate reviews
- A robust approach to managing challenging negotiations and achieving the desired outcome
You’ll also need to be the following:
As happy managing high to mid-level programmes globally and monitor/mentor low-level programmes heads locally
Capable of building nimble, highly competent and results driven programme teams
Happy presenting project status reports as required to all levels of management, often at short notice
Is that you? If so, send us your CV.
The basic salary for the Programme Manager role is up to £70,000 per annum plus a full benefits package
In addition you can earn a personal performance bonus in the role if you hit your targets. Full details about the scheme will be revealed during the interview process.
The business you’ll be working for is are an advanced automotive Engineering group with business assets across the Europe, the US and Asia,
They’re a company that people really enjoy working for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Offer rapid career development paths across their impressive global business
- Empower their employees, allow and encourage the guys on the ground to make decisions on projects that will aid in their delivery and customer satisfaction
- Are on the front foot, a leader and pioneer in their specialist areas, leading to significant innovation in their field
Think that this Programme Manager role is right for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Programme Manager position if you’ve previously worked as any of the following: Programme Manager, Project Manager or in relevant Programme Leadership roles.