Hybrid Role: 2 days working from home
Salary: £55,000 + benefits
Are you a talented Senior Buyer, or are you aiming to be one? have you gained your experience in a Manufacturing, Engineering or Production environment. Do you have specific Working in high volume environments, managing multiple priorities and activities with experience in buying components in a manufacturing setting.
Can you demonstrate that you have experience of creating a strategy based on a global supply base, driving cost performance and customer relationships.
If so then you could be perfect for my client.
In the Senior Buyer role you will be primarily responsible for operations within your commodity category for reduction of spend, consolidation of process, function and continuity of supply. Managing year over year cost reduction, complete other procurement work assigned by management and supporting plant requirements. Overseeing RFI and RFQ activities.
Specific tasks include:
- Maintaining robust customer and supplier relationships
- Overseeing RFI and RFQ activities
- Driving cost reduction activities
- Leading bench-marking, VA/VE, lean, resourcing and LPP analysis activities
You’ll spend part of the working week based in the company’s Birmingham office, and the rest of it working from home. Details around how this will work will be revealed on application.
To be the right person for Senior Buyer role you will need direct experience of creating and driving strategy based on a global supply base, working working in partnership with internal colleagues.
We also need you to have prior experience of:
- Areas around procurement and quality supplier metrics with flow-down to supplier contracts and performance reviews
- Areas around the negotiation of supply agreements that require improvements in suppliers’ cost, delivery, quality, order lead time, payment cycles, technology, and/or risk mitigation
- Areas around cost reduction in line with global and regional material cost reduction targets
It’s important that you also have the following:
- Previous experience working in manufacturing areas, perhaps around commodities around Precision/Machined Parts or Seals or Stampings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with people at all levels within and outside the group in a professional manner
- Strong people, analytical and technical skills, capable of managing complex customer relationships
You’ll also need to be the following:
- Experienced in utilising IPOS in quoting new business, able to consider global spend for all suppliers, with the capability to reviews and complete RFQ packages
- Capable of performing cost estimation analysis for new business quotations to achieve value for money
- Able to monitors technical review progress with cross functional teams; ensures OISRS are updated and tracks to program milestones
- Able to clearly understand the financial and strategic impacts of “musts, wants, needs” actions in negotiations to optimize the value achieved
- Able to maintain control of multiple projects to meet timing and anticipates and resolves ‘roadblocks’ for successful part PPAQ and launch
Is that you? If so, send us your CV.
The basic salary for the Senior Buyer role is up to £55,000 per annum plus benefits.
You’ll also receive other benefits with the role which include up to 2 days per week working from home and an early Friday finish as standard
The business you’ll be working for is are an advanced engineering group with business assets across the Europe, the US and Asia.
They’re a company that people really enjoy working for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Have a clearly supportive and high performance culture
- Are know from developing future leaders from within the business and offer unrivalled professional development opportunities
- Empower their employees, allow the guys on the ground to make decisions on projects that will aid in their delivery and customer satisfaction
- Have strong employee loyalty, leading to low staff turnover
Think that this Senior Buyer role is right for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Senior Buyer position if you’ve previously worked as any of the following: Buyer, Category Buyer, Commodity Buyer, Engineering Buyer or as a Procurement Buyer or similar.